A Facebook user named Lily Cleopatra Maurice from Orlando, Florida shared photos of her swollen lower lip from a hospital bed claiming they were caused by a Covergirl lipstick she used. She wrote:
Please be aware of the queen collection cover girl lipstick. Purchased lip this week woke up choking with huge swollen lips. I had to be rushed to the ER! Could've died in my sleep. Plz be careful with the harmful products in lipsticks.
Share this to save your love ones fron a fatal lipstick reaction CovergirlQueenCollection!"
In a second post, Ms Maurice wrote: "I know everyone is laughing and people can be so cruel even on my way to the ER people can be so hurtful with their stears and whispering.
I am a mother of 4 and my kids could've woke up without me over a lipstick...
I am trembling thinking about how lucky i was to have choked enough to awake for who know what could've happend to be. I all my family have. No uncles no aunties just me and hubby. Thankful to be alive and spend this day with my family.
All this because of a lipstick. Peace and love everyone"