17 May 2016

Baby Survives as Mother is Electrocuted in Lagos (PHOTOS)


24-Year-old woman, simply identified as Yewande Busari, was on  May 6, 2016, electrocuted by electrical wires sticking out of a streetlight pole on the Oshodi highway in Lagos, while trying to cross the road with her one-year-old son, Pamilerin, strapped to her back.
According to Sahara Reporters sources said she had not used the pedestrian bridge.

Pamilerin, however, survived. The streetlight pole was said to have had the live wires sticking for a while but was left unattended to. Yewande's elder brother, Tunde Busari, lamented the nonchalance of the government and the electrical company in charge of the streetlights.

His words: “We have not heard anything from the government or seen anybody from them since my sister died. It was a government property that killed my sister, but nobody has come to pay us a visit.” Until her death, Yewande lived with her fiance at number 32 Thomas Street, Ebute-Meta, Lagos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Comments on this blog are the thoughts and uninfluenced opinions of blog readers. And any content appearing under ‘Gossips’ section is purely gossip and Alabamauncut.com does not comply with the same.